I was thinking that the best way to hold yourself accountable for a goal is to review it periodically. Since I have 11 goals for 2011, I figured it would be wise to review these monthly. I don't expect I'll blog about it every time I review it, but I will this time:)
1. Homemade Quilt. I cut out some squares. I really need a book. I seriously don't know what I'm doing and I have this thing about not wasting time for pesky things like measurements, which is causing me some problems.
2. Vegetable Garden. Not. Even. Close. I just don't know where to start.
3. A Proverb a Day. I've actually done this so far. I might skip a day, but I know I'll be reading it next month, so I try not to stress about it. I think I'm going to read a different translation (on my Droid) each month to keep it fresh.
4. Limiting Eating Out. We did really well with this for two weeks and then blew it out of the water on the weekend. You can't win them all, right?
5. Get rid of clothes. I started with the childrens' clothes and moved to my "unmentionables." I cut out at least half there. The other clothes just seem a little overwhelming right now.
6. Small Group. This weekend! I'm very excited to be joining a group. My only debate was whether to join a women only group or a married couple's group. I think we settled on the married with children group as a start.
7. Lose 10 pounds. SKIP!
8. Renovate our Kitchen. Not yet. I'm afraid this will the the first resolution to go...
9. Family Service Project. Pack gave me a great idea to make some bread for our neighbors and have the boys take it to them (with me, of course). I've noticed that I THINK we are the only people on our street who go to church on Sundays. Maybe we can invite them when we deliver the bread....
10. Loving Pack. I'm learning his love languages:)
11. Make less waste. I've gotten the ingredients to make some laundry and dishwasher detergent and I've also bought some hybrid diapers. Of course, after I bought them, Jude decided to start potty training, but I guess that will help with our efforts anyway:) I'm also doing MUCH better at remembering to bring in my reusable grocery bags at the store. I'm having a lot of fun with this resolution. I'll have to do a post on this alone one day. It's pretty addictive:)
So that's where I am. I'm on it (for the most part) so far! I'm excited to see how much I will have done by summer.
Oh, how I long for summer, but that's another post!