And How

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To-Do List

I thought about making a to-do list today.  Pack will be home tomorrow and there was a lot I wanted to get done while he was away.  Then, yesterday came rushing back to my memory and I went with my better judgement by just going with the flow today.

This morning, my shower was still cold, drinks were spilled, messes were made, cleaned up, and made again, and yes...I fussed (hey...my kids are 1.5 and 3.5...it happens).  The difference is that today I kept reminding myself of those words that He brought to my heart yesterday, "You're doing this because you love them--you don't have to be a natural!"

And do you know what?  It made all the difference!

So instead of focusing on all the things I might not have checked off on my would-be to-do list, here are some things that I actually got done:
  • I made up my bed.
  • I swept and mopped the entire downstairs (a rare feat!)
  • I separated all the clothes that were too small for Jude.
  • I got the boys to take a nap from 2:00 to 4:30 (!!!!!!!)
  • I found a good recipe for whole wheat bread and made it.
  • I played with the boys outside (well, in the garage...it was COLD!)
  • I made three meals.
  • I kept the sink empty.
So, some of these things wouldn't have even been considered important enough to even make it to the to-do list (making up bed, cooking, dishes, naps), but today they were an accomplishment that I was proud of.

Tomorrow, I don't see any blogging on the horizon.  I'll be busy doing most all of the above and getting ready for my sweet, sweet husband to get home and release me for a long overdue girls' night (yippeee!!!).  I'm so thankful for today and this breath of fresh air!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I read both this post and the one from the day before. You are a great mom! I am constantly making to-do lists for work. I never make them for home because I rarely get to check anything off. I do like the idea of looking back over the day and seeing what I did accomplish. I had to do this yesterday as well. It felt like I had done nothing, but in reality, plenty was done.

    ReplyDelete