- Start quilting and make at least one quilt. I think this might be in my blood (thanks to Grandma). I started out sewing with the intention of moving in this direction. Very few things that I own are as treasured as some of my homemade quilts and blankets and it would awesome to have this little trick up my sleeve.
This is the quilt I'd like to try!
- Start a vegetable garden (or just grow a vegetable). I'd love to have a full-grown garden to delve into next year, but lets be real...maybe I should just start with some tomatoes first.
- Read a Proverbs a day.
- Eat out no more than once a week. We've actually been doing really well with this, unless we're home in Florence. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, but I want to be more purposeful about it this year.
- Get rid of most of my clothes. I realized this year that I only wear a fraction of the clothes I own and it's really overwhelming (I don't need 8 pairs of PJ pants when I only wear three). I'm getting rid of at least half my clothes and whenever I get something new, I am going to TRY to get rid of a similar item (jeans for jeans, you know). I figure, I pretty much rotate around 14 outfits that I really like anyway.
- Join and become active in a small group at our new church.
- Lose 10 pounds (I know, I know...)
- Renovate our kitchen by the end of the year.
- Teach the boys how to serve others. I would really like to set aside at least one day each month for specifically this, but it's really hard for me to come up with projects that a three and one year old can both participate in.
- When I think something nice (specifially about my husband), I want to make it a habit to say it, share it, or write it down for him to see.
- Make less waste. We've already taken steps in this department by eliminating paper towels, antibacterial wipes, and buying milk in glass jugs that can be returned, so this year, we'd really like to take this up a notch. This might include making my own lotion and other bath/beauty products, as well as anything else that strikes me to try. I'm up for (almost) anything!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
11 Goals for '11
Last year I made a New Years Resolution and I almost made it, so naturally, I decided that 11 goals would be reasonable for the next, consecutive year...haha. Some of these, I'm sure will get vetoed by the hubster, but hopefully, I'll actually end up trying them all and making several of them part of my life permanently! I figure blogging about them will keep me accountable. So...in completely random order, here they are: