And How

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Gibson Girl!

Well, really she's a "Coker" girl.  Carmon Avery Coker.  But she's the first girl born in the Gibson family in...UMMMM...a long time.  And she's my niece:)
If you're a friend of ours on FB, you've probably seen this pic a ton already, but it's all I've got!

There is so much I love about living here in Virginia.  Our life here is generally slow-paced and quiet.  We never thought we would ever be living out of South Carolina, but we are, and we love it.  But today, I was reminded why our goal is to someday make it back to our family.  My twin sister Karen, gave birth to sweet Carmon (I haven't met her...I'm just ASSUMING she's sweet...She has good genes) at around 2:30 pm.  She was 8 lbs, 1 oz and 20 inches of pure girl with super cute arm rolls and a couple of sweet chins (sidenote:  I wish someone would describe me like that).  I wanted to be there so badly so I could do a great post of the labor lay by play just like Karen did for me when I had Jude.  (Okay, so I know it wasn't ALL about me, but I hadn't started blogging at that point, so it was all I had)  And she made me look like a pro. 

Anyway, I can't change that I wasn't there for her and she's probably glad I wasn't so she didn't have to make it get "all awkward" by having the nurses remove me from the delivery room because I want to see a live birth SO BADLY!  I'm pretty into pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding if you haven't noticed.  Oh yeah, and babies.  I'm perpetually baby crazy.

I digress.

So from what I hear, Karen had a smooth and thankfully uneventful labor and delivery.  This was a sharp contrast to her labor and delivery with Jac, which had lots of crazy twists and turns and involved magnesium, an uncomfortable "balloon," and a vaccuum...

Carmon came into the world just as a lady should...peaceful and uncomplicated.  And as my big sister Amy said, "We all needed some sugar and spice."

We really did.

Now Penn and Jude are baby crazy (yes, it was my two wild men who were fighting over  who got to "feed" the baby dolls at the coffee shop today) and it's only a matter of time before it rubs off on me (HA!).  I seriously can't wait to get home and hold, smell, and play dress-up with my new little niece.  She's a keeper, I can tell;)

No comments:

Post a Comment