And How

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Longest Month

I knew I would feel this way.  January is tough enough in general.  The end of the year always flies by because of the holidays and all the festivities and then things tend to turn to sludge in January.  Last year, my January was pretty busy because of all the New Year's Resolutions I made.  This year...my only resolution is to end the month with a healthy baby.  That makes this the longest month ever.
The waiting game.
 I'm 37 (and a half) weeks and I'd be thrilled if Little Bean decided to make her appearance any time now.  I realize this is just wishful thinking.  Even with two previous inductions and being dilated 3-4 cm for weeks prior, I never had a baby before 39 weeks.  But seriously...I have done everything I know to get this ball rolling and apparently Anna is not quite ready to come out yet.  After my "progress" has been the same for the past two weeks, my doctor jokingly said that I must make a really cozy home for my babies in there.  I like to think he's right.  She definitely seems pretty happy in there.  Honestly though, I realize there's still some cooking to be done and I'm okay to wait through these last few weeks...even if that means Anna has a...cringe...February birthday.  And it's not like I just am sitting around with nothing to do.  There is cleaning to be done and stuff to be organized because OBVIOUSLY, we cannot bring a baby home to a messy kitchen floor. 

On the bright side....my house has never been cleaner.  We've gotten a new sofa and we've done away with the "play area" in the living room (which we fondly remember as the "disaster area") and it is amazing  how much easier it is to keep an open space neater.  Not to mention how much Penn and Jude love having a more open space to run and dance around in.  We do a lot of dancing in this house.
New Sectional with built-in-bed!
As an aside about my doctor...he's wonderful.  I had wished for a while that I had switched to a midwife in order to have a better chance at a natural childbirth, but I am really happy I didn't leave where I am.  My doctor is wonderful and is everything I could possibly want in a midwife.  I was pretty concerned about having to be induced due to my GBS colonization, but he completely put my mind at ease.  He asked me what my feelings were on inductions in general and I told him that although I had been through two previously, I wanted to avoid another one.  He simply said, "Well, that's all we really need to discuss about it then.  There's no reason at this point we would even consider that and if you don't want to do it, then I don't want you to either."  Wow...there are wonderful OBGYN's out there, and I'm glad that I'm seeing one. 

I guess that's about all I can force my mind to think about right now...it's looking and feeling a lot like nap time, so I guess I'll see what I can do about that;)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a good OB! My first OB was super sweet. It was my second one that really soured it all for me. I can't wait to see this little gal! She's going to be gorgeous. That last month really is the worst. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Try to enjoy the things that you know will change in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete