And How

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Christian Jargon


"Faith like a mustard seed."

What the heck does that even mean?!  When I think of mustard seeds, I think of that spice on my spice rack that has been begging to be used for years and never has.  So they make mustard from that or something?  I dunno.

What I do know is that that jar of mustard seeds, doesn't do me a lot of good when I'm trying to figure out this whole faith thing.  It's easy to throw out that phrase and expect that people "get it."  "Oh, mustard seeds are small, yellow, and round, so that explains it!"  Yeah right...

I've always felt that my faith was child-like and simple.  Thankfully, it never really took a lot of convincing for me to believe in God and Jesus.  I never needed a lot of proof.  As a matter of fact, the older I've gotten, the more obvious the reality of God is to me.  I don't feel that I need to take a step of faith to realize that He exists.  Once I had the experience of going from a "regular person" to a person growing and pushing into the world another living, breathing, thinking, loving person...He was confirmed in my life.

Faith, I'm learning, comes back to one question for me:  "Do you trust ME to take care of ALL of your needs.?"

The ABC's of Financial Freedom is a very misleading series.  I thought it was going to teach me all about how to manage my (our) money so we could get out of debt.  It's not.  Financial freedom, just like any other type of freedom comes from being able to let go of our control because God has promised us that "for those who love God, all things work together for good." (Romans8:28)

All things?  ALL things?  That means everything, right? 

He way is right AND best.  I don't know jack.  Guess who I'm putting my money on...LITERALLY?

No comments:

Post a Comment