- Breastfeeding makes you extremely hungry, thirsty, and sleepy...all at the same time. I forget about this until I've got my newborn good and latched on and then realize I forgot to grab a snack or drink.
- Speaking of hungry...breastfeeding "hunger" is much more intense than pregnancy "hunger."
- It's fun to play dress-up with a new baby...they look cute in everything. It is not much fun for the baby...she hates it.
- Nothing stimulates baby's bladder and bowels like a clean diaper. Nothing.
- Babies are little, but their cries are not. In the middle of the night, it is the loudest sound imaginable!
- Spit-up happens (always on a cute outfit or on my side of the bed).
- Apparently, Packard babies always look alike...boy or girl (see evidence below):
Exhibit A (Penn) Exhibit B (Jude) Exhibit C (Anna)