And How

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Permission granted...

By writing a publishing this post, I hereby give myself permission to:
  • Forget about how much weight I gain or how big my belly will get.  The scale WILL go up and my belly WILL get big...really big.  It's okay.  I won't be pregnant forever.
  • Feel entitled to get special treatment because I'm pregnant (or a mom, or a woman, or a human...whichever excuse works to get a foot/back rub).  I'm not above groveling.  This can also apply to other situations designed to make life easier for a pregnant woman (i. e., I am going to start looking for the "expectant mothers" parking spaces.)
  • Shop in the girls' department without having to retrace my steps back to the boys department to get Penn and Jude something.  They have lots.  Anna...not so much.
  • Ask for help.  With chores.  Or watching the boys.  Or getting me off the couch (it's hard work these days...).  Just ask.
  • Just say no, sometimes.  To laundry.  To taking Penn and Jude somewhere every. single. day.  To getting off the couch (I said, "sometimes," not forever.).
Basically, my goal in the this third trimester is to loosen up and resist the urge to stress over those things I normally stress about.  Being pregnant is amazing (even the third time) and I want to be able to enjoy these last few weeks before Baby Girl makes her grand debut.  Because then, I figure, she'll be the one granting permission.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I love this post!!! I have some of these same feelings and have probably stressed over some of the same things as you, especially the first bullet item. ;)

    You must send me your mailing address and a list of clothing sizes you need and predicted seasons for each size. I have been handing down a few of Baxley's clothes, but I still have a ton. Of course, I'm not quite ready to give up all of her clothes...it's still a little too soon for that. ;)

    ReplyDelete