And How

Monday, January 18, 2010

The things I hope I never forget

Penn:
  • I love how you made me a MOM on the day you were born.
  • I always wanted a snuggly baby...that's you!
  • I love your interest in and tenderness with babies.
  • It drives me crazy when you aren't happy to see me.
  • I'm in love with your colorful personality, which is obviously a perfect mix of your Daddy and me:)
  • I love reading to you and watching you look at the pictures, knowing that you know exactly what the story really means.
  • I love to hear you tell me your "favorite part of the day" every night.
  • I always feel horrible when I make you cry because you hardly ever REALLY cry and it truly breaks my heart!
  • I love to hear you ask, "Are you happy, sad, or mad," when you know I'm probably mad.
  • I hope I never forget your words for things: safe scissors, something special, peek-a-boo apples, juicy, hot-diggity-dogs, bock-bock, yippy-yay...
  • I love it when you run up and give me a hug for no reason.
  • I miss your curls and baby smell.
  • I love how you try to protect your little brother, like when I fussed at him for playing in the puppy water and you ran up to me and said, "Be nice to my brudder, Mommy!"
  • I love to watch you play pretend.
  • Lately, it makes me laugh to see you do your skunk impersonation.
  • I love how you can always make Jude laugh...I hate that you can also just as easily make him cry...
  • I think it's adorable that you love bouncy balls so much and you can ALWAYS keep up with them!
  • I am so frustrated that you are such a picky eater!
  • I love that you always want an extra piece of candy for your Daddy.
  • I wish I remembered the last time I nursed you and rocked you to sleep.
JUDE:
  • I love that I was the first person to hold you when you were born.
  • I love how your mommy is the only person in the world who can make you feel better sometimes.
  • I love that you have hazel eyes like your Daddy.
  • I love how you always wiggle your feet and rub them together.
  • I love that you have dimples.
  • It makes me sad that I know your baby days are coming to and end.
  • I love to watch you clap when we sing, "If You're Happy and You Know It."
  • I love that you are such an angel when I put you to bed every night!
  • It bugs me when you won't let go of my legs when I'm putting on my make-up or trying to dry my hair.
  • I love your toothy grin even though at one point during teething I was wishing you could be toothless forever--I take it back!
  • I love that you always say "Ma-Ma" and that you make the sound by pressing your top teeth to your bottom lip. It looks like it should sound like "Va-Va"
  • I love to see you smile when you hear your Daddy's voice on the phone.
  • I love your laugh and how you suck in air really loudly when you smile really big. You also do this like a language back and forth with your Daddy.
  • I can't wait to find out what your voice sounds like!
  • I hate it when you bite me. I have three bites as we speak!
  • Speaking of...it bugs me that you laugh when I try to fuss at you for biting!
  • For a long time, I was disappointed you wouldn't take a paci...now I'm thankful!
  • I'm amazed at the sheer volume of your voice when you want food or attention at a quicker pace that how you're getting it!
  • I love your name...Jude Tillman...and I love that I thought of it myself!
  • I wish I could keep you as a baby forever, but I'm thankful for the days to come...I'll only love you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment